Saturday, 4 April 2009

Brain Surgery

fujitsu45347564

Ahh the day to celebrate indeed, finished all of my coursework and my laptop got a new brain.  After utilising the original hard disk for almost 3 years.  I think it is the time for it to retire as primary hard disk. 

 

As usual, I ordered my parts (160Gb SATA 7200rpm and SATA enclosure) at Ebay.  The replacement process is quite straight forward as a no brainer also can do it.  The hardest part is to reinstall all the stuff.  For this part, I’m choosing a dual boot option where Window XP and Window 7 will be installed.

 

windows7   

So far the next generation OS (window 7) performance is quite remarkable.  The install time is half of Window XP as the native driver included is quite sufficient.  I only need to download my graphic driver through window update and the rest come as native interface.

 

The installation of some software didn’t seems successful in window 7 but no worry the OS can run the programme in compability mode which solve all of my problem so far.  This is the likely scenario for using a beta software (in fact mine is close to RC version which is 7068) as support from manufacture is still unavailable.    

I’ll further update my user experience as time come but so far I really like the new GUI and the stable performance from window 7. 

No comments: